Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Working from Home

Working from home is sometimes not as glamorous as everyone thinks it is. This is especially true now that I've gone back to work part time while the nanny (who is amazing!) takes care of Rox. It takes everything inside of me not to run out of my office and comfort her when she is crying. I literary have to hold myself in my chair. I'm also having to remind myself that I hired the nanny for a reason and I need to give her her autonomy. It's hard. Sometimes out of sight is better. My momma bear comes out when I see her comforting Rox and yes, I also get jealous. Not to mention the concentration aspect. Steve had to install shades over the french doors in my office, so that I can pull them down and get in the zone. I've also had to put earphones in and listen to NPR or Pandora. This is the only way I can concentrate and get anything done. So warrior moms, yes, I do get cuddle time with Roxana and kisses whenever I miss her, but it's hard working from home when you have your infant in the other room. Every situation has its benefits and disadvantages. I hope it gets easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment