Cass also told me the other day that I've become hilarious (every since I got pregnant with Rox) and advised me that I should blog about the daily stories I tell her. So here they are. I'm sure they were more entertaining on the phone.
Nanny:
I'm jealous of my nanny. Is that normal? Mama bear still comes out when she calls Roxana "Princesa" (translation: Princess). Sometimes its an out of body experience and I want to punch her and tell her "No, she's my princesa", but I always maintain my composure and remind myself that I'm acting crazy and Rosy could be calling my daughter horrible names. In that case, I would punch her in the face, but not Rosy, she's amazing and loves Roxana. We got too close for comfort when a tornado almost hit Houston this week and we were advised to take cover. So there we were, Rosy, Roxana and I in a coat closet hanging out. Pretty interesting stuff, huh. I was grateful I wasn't alone.
Roxana:
I took Roxana for a check up (I thought she was teething, but she was just drooling like a crazy child). While in the waiting room, a young couple walked in, the woman (new mom) seemed in pain, walking slowly and grimacing as she sat down. Her husband (new dad) was proudly carrying a car seat with an itty bitty new life. When the receptionist asked if it was a "new patient", it was immediately confirmed that the baby was days old. I smiled and looked at Roxana. Suddenly, a flow of emotions came to me. I remembered feeling the immediate joy and love, but also the pain after birth, the hormones, being engorged, feeling overwhelmed, crying and thinking I would never sleep again. I turned to look at the new mom, we then made eye contact and I smiled. She smiled back. I seriously wanted to go to her and give her a hug and tell her it would all be OK, to hang in there and express that she was already an amazing mom. I of course stopped myself and instead said a little prayer for her. I think that was a better choice.

I love the honesty in your posts I think thats what makes them so great. I wish we would've got to know eachother better during Zeta. Now I read your posts and feel like I am stalking you. Thank you for sharing your moments. Between yours and Brittany Tolls blog and my yearning to set goals and grow I am inspried to start my own. Sending happy thoughts your way,
ReplyDeleteTess Marie