Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dirty Thirty


I'm 30. I can't believe I just typed that. I feel so young and have so much to learn.

Below are a few things (..30..) I've learned so far:
  • The Lord will not forsake you. 
  • Love is family.
  • Your heart does have the ability to heal.
  • Life can give you a fairytale.
  • Keep your eye on the prize.
  • Disagreements always have a positive outcome, you just have to work through it.
  • Always pay it forward.
  • Never lose faith.
  • Staying positive does work.
  • Getting your heart broken is part of growing up.
  • You don't lose friends, they were just meant to touch your life for a short period of time.
  • True friends surface during the most important and hardest moments in your life.
  • I carry my sisters heart in my heart. 
  • Asking for forgiveness is hard, but necessary.
  • The best way to experience different cultures is to travel.
  • Live in the present, the future will eventually come.
  • Every decision affects your path called - life.
  • Find something that defines you.
  • A thank you card can go a long way.
  • Mind over body
  • It is OK to question our religion, if we don't then; What do we believe in?
  • It's true what they say about the first time you lay eyes on your child's little face - love, love, love.
  • Kissing someone in the rain is magical (Steve and I enjoy it).
  • There are places on this earth that radiate peace (Machu Picchu).
  • Never forget where you came from.
  • Always be independent, but don't be too proud to ask for help.
  • Saying goodbye to someone who is dying is very conflicting and peaceful.
  • Always remain challenged.
  • Education is the best investment.
  • Always kiss your husband/wife goodbye, no matter if you're upset.

I look forward to the next 30 years and the many things I will learn...  
My prediction in 30 years:
        Steve and I getting ready to retire in Santa Fe, NM. Our three children are grown and maybe we'll have some grandchildren to spoil. I will still have the same best friends and enjoy traveling with the hubby.




No comments:

Post a Comment