Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcoming Life

I'm back. Did you miss me? Probably not. Let's be honest, my blog doesn't compare to my sisters creative, sweet and very interesting blog. I just can't compete. :)

I haven't blogged since September mostly, because I didn't think anyone was reading and really didn't feel that I had anything important to write about. However, now that I have a little lady to brag about (don't worry I wont be that "mom"...that's what I say now) and my parents are living on the other side of the world, aka Qatar (more on that later), I felt it was necessary to keep them and the rest of the family up to date on the haps on Ella Lee Lane.

Let's start off with the little lady.



On December 12, 2011 - I gave birth to the most amazing and beautiful little girl. Steve and I arrived at the hospital at 5:00 AM, I was induced (we had to evict her) at 8:00 AM and after hours of pain that is simply indescribable at 39 weeks (after a pre-term labor scare at 33 weeks where the docs had to stop my labor) Roxana Ariadna Romero arrived that afternoon at 5:07 PM screaming her head off. She didn't like getting evicted one bit. She arrived into this world with a full head of hair resembling her daddy's and pretty amazing eye lashes that even the doctor raved about (Geez- I'm becoming that "mom"), weighing in at 6 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches. As soon as I saw her little face, I turned to Steve and we didn't have to say one word to each other, it was pure love. We are all connected for life.
Taking a quick break between contractions (Steve was the best coach).

Sissy Love
He's done, she's got him right where she wants him.
Love.
Roxana meeting her Nino

AND her Nina -- the other lady that will love her just as much as I do.

She's so blessed to have grand-mothers that will spoil her rotten and love her beyond words. ((they did this a lot)) :)
Our little love.
Family

Oliver couldn't get enough; he was so sweet, wanting to hug and kiss her.
I have much more to write about....but the little lady is getting hungry.




1 comment:

  1. Melanie,
    Keep writing (i could never posts my comments efficiently:/)...i love reading your entries as well as your sisters'. Not one is better than the other, just different stories to tell about love.

    Besos y abrazos~
    Renee

    ReplyDelete