Sunday, July 31, 2011

Little Lady


We found out on Thursday we are having a little girl and we couldn't be more excited and blessed. Steve and I kept counting down the days until the morning of our doctors appointment. I had three different dreams of us having a girl, but the day of the appointment I dreamt we were having a boy, so that really threw me off. As soon as the doctor typed out "GI.." we knew. I looked over at Steve and he was smiling from ear to ear and wiped his eyes. I think the connection with the little lady hit him full force. He's already so protective of her and she's not even here yet. I'm speaking more to the little lady and it's such a blessing to have such strong women (my mother, sister, steve's mother and my twin sister, Ariadna, Ellie and my grandmother up above) around her. Not to mention, all of the men in her life that will protect her to great lengths (my father, Steve's father, Steve's step-father, Carlos, Eddie, David and of course little Oliver)

I can't wait to see her little face. . . and tell her that even as a lady, she can accomplish anything she wants and puts her mind to. I want to expose her to science and math so she can compete with all the boys in her class. Support her whether she wants to be a ballerina, soccer player, musician, cheerleader, artist or rugby player. Pass down the example my mother instilled in my sister and I of self respect and self worth and the importance of a woman's independence and voice. So many things running through my mind that I want to share with her, but for now I will silently speak to her through my heart.

Little Lady,

We love you so much and can't wait to meet you. 

PS- You are one lucky little gal....your daddy is the best and so fun to be around. You are going to love everything he's going to show you. 


Love,
Mommy and Daddy




3 comments: