Recently, Steve and I decided Millie needs a playmate; she's sometimes sad, lonely and gets so excited when she sees other dogs in the neighborhood. So we contacted Buster's Friends and went back last weekend (with Millie) to see some dogs. It didn't go as planned. Millie is very territorial and jealous, so she didn't allow us to get close to any dogs. We really didn't connect with any of them. I have a philosophy when adopting a dog - The dog should choose you. We came home sad that we didn't find a sibling for Millie.
A few days later, we ended up contacting a Miniature-Schnauzer rescue organization in Houston and had plans to meet a puppy this weekend. However, we got a call from a volunteer at Buster's Friends today informing us that Brenna was going to be up for adoption next week and asked if we were interested. Steve and I immediately jumped on it; we can't wait to see Millie's reaction when she realizes that her sister is coming to live with us. I'm so excited for her (us)! I wonder if she'll remember her sister? I hope so. We are thrilled to reunite them. Sometimes...things are just meant to be.
We are currently working with the organization to try and get Brenna to her real home as soon as possible. Steve and I aren't too crazy about the name. So if you have any ideas for a cute female dog name, please leave a comment.
We'll keep you posted!
From Millie: Ruff, Ruff, Ruffie = I can't wait to see my sister!

No comments:
Post a Comment