San Juan, Puerto Rico
It has been a while since I blogged. 2011 has not been an easy year.... so much has happened. I continue to have faith that their is a lesson to all of these obstacles. One thing is clear, I need to make some changes in my life.
I had oral surgery (all four wisdom teeth taken out) and can't thank my mother enough for coming to my rescue (Steve had a last minute business trip to Australia). There is nothing like a mothers love; she took care of me, made me soup, we talked (when my swelling went down), shopped, relaxed and she even got me hooked on two spanish soap-operas, Eva Luna and Triunfo del Amor (you should check them out!). I've been on a liquid/soft food diet for the past 3 1/2 weeks and haven't been able to run due to lack of nutrition. It has been a long recovery. I keep thinking ; wasn't this supposed to happen when I was a teenager?
Steve and I have also been going through something more personal and this experience has made me realize why I love him so much; he really is my soul-mate. It has also made me realize that God really holds all of the cards and you have to put all your faith in him. God will not forsake you; it's not about "Why me?", but trusting him with everything you are. It's going to be a long journey; however, there is no one on this earth that I would rather take this journey with than him.
On a brighter note, I just got back from sunny San Juan, PR. My company conducted the first health plan audit out there and given my fluency in Spanish, I was selected to conduct the administrative side of the audit. I was very tense with gathering all of the information needed before my trip. Since this was the first time the health plan was going through the accreditation process, I felt a lot of pressure. At the end, the audit went smoothly. I hope there are more audits in Puerto Rico in my horizon. :) During my stay, I was able to relax on the beach (w/ a Pina Colada in hand) and reflect on everything that has been going on. Well.. when it rains, it pours. However, while looking out into the ocean, my heart told me everything would be OK. I believe it.
Muchos Abrazos

Mel, I hope Steve and you grow and learn from your challenges. You are a strong couple and will persevere. Sending you positive thoughts and energy!
ReplyDelete