Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ariadna.

I wasn't the only one celebrating a birthday on January 10,  my twin-sister, Ariadna, was also celebrating. I'm sure by now you've noticed the picture of Ariadna (above) and me in the back secretly trying to get in the picture.  Everyone always asks me if I feel like something is missing? The answer is - Yes. Cassie puts it well: You were connected from the beginning of your existence. I miss her. I've needed her many times. However, we have this special bond that is hard for me to describe to others.  I talk to her through my heart and in times of need, I've asked her to help me and she's never failed me (i.e. Oliver). I often wonder what it would be like if she were alive; Cassie and I always comment that she would have been the prettiest out of all of us. Ari is also present in happy times; our birthday, my wedding, graduation and Oliver's birth; Steve even felt her presence when we got engaged. I'm sure she was telling him - Not to break my heart, or else.  I'm so lucky to have her as my guardian angel. Therefore, yes, she is gone, but not completely. Her loving presence is around me every day.

I had a great birthday; Steve woke me up with kisses before he headed off to work. I also received the most beautiful flowers from him. Cassie was the first one to call (she beat my mom!) me and of course we talked about Ariadna. :) I went to the gym, worked, and then attended my first Wilton Cake Decorating class at Michael's, yes, I did just write that. After my class, Steve and I went to a nice dinner, which of course consisted of Blue Moon's and sports! Thank you to all my family and friends who called, texted, Facebook messaged and emailed me.

I did pretty good this year - I got the following gifts from family and friends. 

Not pictured here:
*Mom and Dad gave me a girlie bath set
 Spa Day at the luxurious 
from Steve and another spa treat from Cassie, Carlos and Oliver (who also gave me a recipe book)
 Birthday cards from loved ones
 Flowers from my hubby
(Daisy's are my favorite; they remind me of my grandmother)
 An awesome robe from my dear friend, Christine.

 A lovely card, cute measuring bowls and apron from Anthropologie from Deborah; I showed these things to her when she came to visit me in December and she remembered. Isn't she the best?!


Garmin Forerunner 110 - running watch from Steve. This watch is awesome; records your calories burned, distance and time all by satellite!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad the measuring glasses didnt break in transit. Happy BIrthday Mel! Wish i could have been there in person to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know the story behind your twin sis, but you two are definitely connected for life! she would have grown to be a beautiful woman, just like you mel! <3 love and light, my friend. happiest of birthdays to you. xo

    ReplyDelete