Not only did I find myself while living in D.C, but I was also blessed to find three wonderful friends - Samara, Deborah, Nidhi and I met while working in the government. I can't begin to describe what each of these women mean to me. Their love, loyalty and support is what every friendship should have. We all come from different backgrounds (one of us is Jewish, Black, Hispanic and Indian) which often leads to racial jokes; however, this is a unique ingredient to our wonderful friendship. It's true when people say that some people cross your path and leave their mark. These women have certainly left their mark on my heart.
When I got back from my work trip to D.C, I didn't come back alone - my D.C girls came with me (Steve and I swapped and he went to D.C for the weekend - he has his own stories). We had a great weekend filled with randomly finding my lost car (interesting story), conversation, wine, bananagrams, Indonesian food, cheese, Udon noodles, NASA, country dancing, Mexican food, margaritas, shopping, BBQ, vitamin C, laughter, brunch, a new book from an interesting guy at a country bar (more on that later), mimosas and celebrating a birthday! Happy Birthday, Samara!
Hey Ladies:
"You are the one that can change" - Who said this?
A collage of our girls weekend
![]() |
| Personalize your own free picture collage |
I miss you, friends. Thanks for a wonderful weekend.


Yay Mel! THis is wonderful. I love you and I love the time I spent in Houston. Your house and your life on Ella Lee Lane is fantastic.Many blessing to you, Steve and Mille.
ReplyDeleteWith Lots of Love,
Deborah