Saturday, March 2, 2013

Singapore Update

I finally got some time to blog. Things have been so busy for us in Singapore; we've already been here for almost two months and the weeks are just flying by. Time does fly when you're having fun. We found a place to live, got a permanent car, Steve is settling into his job and Roxana and I are finding our way around the city, establishing a routine and meeting wonderful new people along the way.

Here are some pics of our new digs:

Roxana waiting for Daddy to come home! ((Playroom))

We are living in a 4 bedroom condo on the 6th floor close to Holland Village area, which is super quaint. The condo building is full of families, so there is always someone new to meet. We have two balconies, one off the living room and one off the master bedroom, which we are enjoying.


Here are a few pics of our last month:

 
Roxana and I are attending mommy and me classes at White Lodge. The best way to describe it is pre-school with your mom.  We attend on Monday's and she learns a new letter, color and number. She also paints, learns Mandarin and climbs around. Her classmates are from all over the world, and I'm meeting some wonderful moms.
Listening all about "Clocks"
Greer and Roxana reunited. My dear friend, Gina, visited her sister Amy (my new friend), and we got to see them. It was a wonderful treat. Makes me realize how much I miss her. Roxana and Greer have been friends since birth.
Making new friends is the best. My friend Beate and her son Rocco, live 4 minutes away, so we see each other lots!
Rocco and Roxana
Mommy and Rox at the playground
Water-park fun! I've met some wonderful moms and they've welcomed Roxana and I into their group. We are participating in a playground Monday afternoons and we meet at a children's water-park every Thursday morning. It's wonderful to establish a routine for Roxana.
We attend Gymboree on Wednesday's and as you can see Rox loves Gymbo the Clown!
OMG, It's Snow White! I missed her. ((I'm sure that's what she's thinking)). Courtesy of Nana and Abuelo


Finding your favorite stores is important, I was lucky to find out about a store that sells Mexican products - homemade salsa, tamales, tortillas, flan...and so much more. It's expensive, but so worth it.

Couldn't resist.

A taste from home - makes all the difference.


  
We went to Sentosa Island and had breakfast on the beach with friends. It was Roxana's first time on the beach and she loved it.

We forgot we were in Singapore!

Great day! 

Simply Blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment