Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Singapore here we come. . .


Holy Mother! We are moving to Singapore in just days. It really hasn't hit me, I sometimes think that I'll have a panic attack as we are taking off. Perhaps, the distraction of the holidays, family, Roxana, being so tired due to baby in belly and last minute tasks are a few reasons.

As you may have noticed, I have updated the blog name as we don't live on Ella Lee Lane :(, it was a bit sad signing the paperwork, so many beautiful memories in that home and wonderful neighbors. However, life must move forward and we must adjust with God's plan for us. After all, he's already taught us that he's in absolute control (*ahem* surprise pregnancy) and we must trust in him.

I hope to blog a lot more while in Singapore and hopefully can give all of you a piece of our life while exploring our new city and culture. Steve bought me an awesome new camera (Nikon 5100), and although, I'm a (MEGA) beginner, I hope to capture some cool images.

We leave to Singapore on Saturday and will arrive 21hrs later,(Yes, you read that correctly). GOD HELP US. I hope Roxana will surprise us and be an absolute angel on the flight. Yea, who are we kidding, my kid is a horrible flier. Again, GOD HELP US. Upon arrival we'll be staying in interim housing on Orchard Rd, which is a main street in Singapore while we look for our permanent housing. The thought about saying goodbye to my family is something I can't handle at the moment. I don't allow Cassie to talk about it - I just can't go there. Hopefully the Lord will give me strength with this . . . Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Such an exciting journey for you guys! Can't wait to read all your updates and live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tamia. We will miss you guys. Pray for us and our 21hr flight with Rox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting Melanie! Please let me know if you'd like me to put you in touch with anyone there. My sister-in-law lives right off of Orchard on Red Hill and I have family with young children that can recommend anything from schools to parks and playgrounds. We'll be there in 2014 so maybe we can get together for a playdate :)
    Blessings,
    Zeida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Z! Thank you and YES, please connect me, I would love to meet your fam/friends out there. Yes, for playdate 2014. Abrazos.

    ReplyDelete