 |
| Parents reunited after 3 months! (Taken at Doha Airport, Dec 2011). Aren't they so cute?! |
My parents currently live a world away, in one of the richest (if not the richest) part of the world, Doha, Qatar. They are living an adventure. I couldn't be more proud of them, for taking a chance, leaving their comfort zone and everything they know to experience a completely different culture, religion, food, weather, and the list goes on and on. They both come from humble beginnings and statistically, they are not supposed to be living this dream, but they are. You see, my parents sacrificed everything for us. They sent us to good schools and taught us the importance of family and hard work. I learned my work ethic from my father and my drive and acceptance of different cultures/people from my mother. I am so thankful to God that he has given them this opportunity, I don't know anyone else who deserves it more. They are both amazing people and I am one blessed daughter to call them
my parents.
Lesson: It is never to late to start an adventure, you never know where it will lead.
 |
| Distance between us: 8,060.8 miles or 14hr flight. Thank goodness for Skype! |
 |
| Right there! |
 |
| My father w/some of his college students; everyone wants to take his classes, they don't ever want him to leave! My parents have also gotten addicted to shisha. Maybe we'll all smoke one day. ;) |
 |
| My parents on their recent Spring Break trip to Dubai! ((do you notice the shisa?)) |
 |
| They found a Hispanic Group in Qatar (of course they did)! My mom is taking cooking classes (Thai at the moment), has joined a book club and goes on a lot of coffee dates. The woman stays very busy and already has a ton of friends. :) |
*I'll be interviewing my parents on their life in Qatar. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment