We've already been here 1 week! And.... what a week it's been.
- We managed to find a grocery store AKA cold storage to locals (expensive produce - $8 for strawberries, Roxana's USA New Horizons Organic Milk $13) and quickly learned what a hassle it is to buy groceries without a car. However, we did learn that you can have your groceries delivered, except for cold items and produce...we took advantage of that quickly!
- Walked along Orchard Rd (main high end shopping street in Singapore). There is an LV or Prada store on every block, no joke. Singaporeans love their name brands. Nice to see that they have a Tory Burch in Singapore - Yay for me!
- Found out that every neighborhood has a Hawker Center, which are open air food stands with inexpensive amazingly delicious food ranging from Thai, Chinese, Indian...and the list goes on. Already a favorite in our book. (I'll take pics next time).
- Experimented with the MRT (metro), which is clean and efficient. Having lived in D.C and comparing the MRT to the METRO in D.C; wow, can they learn a few things from Singapore. It's clean, orderly, quiet (except when Rox is on the train) and runs every 3 minutes. It is different metroing with a toodler and stroller, and we quickly learned that not all MRT's have an elevator (or lift), so I had to practice taking the stroller up and down the escalator all alone. Steve was there for support, but he's not going to be there every day, so I better get use to managing on my own when I want to take the MRT. I was insistent on doing it on my own.
- Had to purchase a smaller umbrella stroller for the small areas in Singapore (expensive -$200)
- Singaporeans love Roxana, maybe she can be a local celebrity, so Steve and I can retire early. :)
Lot's of lessons learned already in week one, but we are finding our way and we're close to finding permanent housing. Embracing all of the challenges and becoming a stronger little family.
 |
| First MRT ride |
 |
| MRT Map |
 |
| Grocery shopping is boring for Rox |
Next Up: Singapore Tour! Lot's pics. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment